We can enjoy online gaming only when we have the right computer with appropriate features. Whether you are assembling a computer or buying a new one from the market, you should be careful about the motherboard. Because, just as its name suggests, it is the “mother” of the entire computer.
Best DDR3 Motherboard
In this context, we often get asked which DDR3 motherboard to buy and that is why we have prepared this guide.
One thing you should note here is that even though the latest is the DDR4 SD RAM, you will find DDR3 compatible motherboards quite easily. So, if you need a DDR3 motherboard, go for it without worrying too much.
To make it easy for you, we have our favorites handpicked right here. Keep reading!
1. Intel Desktop Motherboard LGA1155 DDR3 1600 ATX
We don’t even remember the last time when we spoke about motherboards and did not mention Intel. Without a doubt, Intel is a leader as demonstrated by this motherboard. Let’s find out why you should buy it:
- It supports the Intel Core i3, i5, and i7 processors (2nd and 3rd generation).
- The motherboard has the Intel H77 Express Chipset.
- It comes with multiple connectors including DisplayPort, HDMI, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, and DVI-I.
- It also has a certification for Windows 7 WHQL.
- With this motherboard, you can enjoy a memory bandwidth of 32 GB/s.
- It has HDD capacity and yet delivers SDD performance.
- It supports both hyper-threading and turbo boost technologies.
- The Intel Smart Response Technology eliminates the wait time when you switch from standby.
2. MSI AMD DDR3 Motherboard
If it is not Intel, it is AMD! AMD is one of the most beloved companies when it comes to motherboards and rightly so. It is quite exceptional. Here’s why you should buy this particular DDR3 motherboard from AMD:
- It supports the Athlon and A-Series processors.
- It is powered by the AMD A68H chipset.
- It is a micro ATX motherboard with HDMI, VGA, USB3.0, and other ports.
- It boasts of fast booting.
- Its components are military class.
- It has the latest BIOS – MSI Click BIOS 4. It comes with optimizations for Windows 10 and Windows 8.1.
- The motherboard comes with a USB safeguard that prevents damage due to short circuits.
- It has 3 + 2 power phases.
3. ASRock Motherboard
The ASRock Motherboard is yet another gem that we are proud to introduce to you. It is stable, reliable, and comes with a range of features including the following:
- It supports FM2 (100W) and FM2+ (95W) processors.
- Its memory is 2 x DDR3. It is a dual-channel, unbuffered, and non-ECC.
- It has a maximum capacity of 32 GB.
- The motherboard supports AMD dual graphics.
- You can choose from multiple ports for graphic output. This includes HDMI, D-Sub, DVI-D, etc.
- It also has ELNA audio caps and 7.1 CH HD Audio.
4. ASUS AM3+ Based Motherboard
ASUS will always remain a favorite when it comes to computers and laptops. It is one of the most reliable and affordable brands out there and we love how it competes with the higher end models without making us spend too much. Below are the reasons why we love this motherboard from ASUS:
- It comes ready to use with the AM3+ CPU.
- The core unlock feature helps unlock performance intelligently.
- You can start gaming on your computer without worrying about risks once you buy this motherboard because it comes with an anti-surge guardian.
- It emits 50% less radiation than usual, keeping you safe.
- It has 4 memory slots and the maximum RAM memory is 32 GB.
- The chipset type is AMD 760G/SB710.
- It is an ATX motherboard.
5. MSI Socket AM3+ Motherboard
The MSI motherboard comes with the LGA 1155 socket and the AMD 760G + SB 710 chipset. But these are not the only reasons why you should buy it! It has an entire range of attractive features such as the following:
- It has all solid capacitors.
- It is a micro ATX motherboard.
- Ports include DVI, VGA, USB, etc.
- It offers lossless 24-bit high-quality audio.
- The maximum memory size is 16 GB.
- It has 3 PCI slots.
Now that you have the list along with the pros and cons of each DDR3 motherboard, it won’t be difficult for you to choose one. Remember to keep your gaming preferences in mind before zeroing in.
If you have any doubts, do not hesitate to leave a comment. We read and reply to all of them.