Hi there! As a musician, you don’t just find joy in what you do, you also spread joy around you. Music is so beautiful that it connects hearts and mends them. It is the medicine for everything!
Now, for music production, you obviously need an awesome computer with all the important features in it. But what are these features? What makes a computer the best one for audio production? Will any motherboard do? We are here to answer these and many similar questions.
Let’s start with things you should know while building a PC for music/audio production:
- You need a strong motherboard with multiple features. This is why we suggest a gaming motherboard for music production.
- Don’t overthink while buying because having the right processor is as important as having the right motherboard. Your processor must be fast and furious!
- As for the RAM, you won’t need more than 16 GB for this purpose. If you are also going to use your computer for other purposes such as gaming and editing, you may want to consider something higher.
- You will also need a good cooler to take the heat off!
- As for the SSD and HDD, it all depends on your personal preferences. There’s no template requirement for this.
Now, let’s get into the details of the best motherboard for music production. We are focusing on this particular aspect of building a music PC because it is often confusing and daunting for buyers. We are going to take the pain away!
Best Motherboard for Music Production
1. MSI Arsenal Gaming Max Motherboard
MSI brings to you a superior quality motherboard with everything you could ask for! It supports AMD Ryzen (1st, 2nd, and 3rd generations) with Radeon Vega Graphics. Alongside, you get to enjoy the following features:
- It supports DDR4 memory. You can go as high as 64 GB but not beyond.
- It has an extended heatsink design and a circuit design to make sure that it works wonders even with high-end processors.
- It promises an extremely fast working experience with store MI technology, turbo M.2, and turbo USB.
- The motherboard has a digital power design that lets you use more cores and deliver better performance.
- It also has an audio boost that enhances your experience even further.
2. GIGABYTE B450M ATX Motherboard
Here’s another bestseller for you! The GIGABYTE motherboard comes with a hoard of attractive features at a price that’s hard to beat. May be that’s why it is the ruling the roost and providing stiff competition to the others. Below are a few more details:
- You can use it with Ryzen (1st and 2nd generations) and Ryzen Radeon Vega Graphics processors.
- It is a dual-channel motherboard that supports DDR4.
- It has 4 DIMMs.
- The motherboard allows multiple displays with HDMI and DVI ports. It also has 8 USB 2.0 ports and 6 USB 3.0 ports.
- Its audio capacitors are of high quality and come with noise guards.
- It also has RGB fusion, which lets you enjoy RGB LED through 7 great strips!
- The motherboard’s smart fan ensures that the performance is high and the heat is minimal.
3. ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII ATX Motherboard
Ask anyone and they will tell you that ASUS is one of their first choices when it comes to motherboards. We agree! ASUS has done incredibly well to give us what we want and the ROG Crosshair Motherboard is just one example. Here’s why we think you should buy it:
- It works best with 2nd and 3rd generation AMD Ryzen.
- It has a thermal design that takes care of any heat problems right away. It comes with a cooling zone, 2 heatsinks, and an active PCH heatsink.
- Its 5-way optimization system provides cooling and overclocking profiles along with system-wide tuning.
- You can set it up quite easily because it has been designed for DIY purposes. For example, it has a pre-mounted I/O shield, BIOS flashback, and ASUS safe slot.
- The motherboard has integrated ethernet, both Gigabit and 2.5 Gaps.
- Its RAM memory technology is DIMM. There are 4 RAM slots in total.
4. ASUS Prime DDR4 ATX Motherboard
This is another masterpiece from ASUS. It is a part of the Intel Core X-Series and has numerous features that set it apart. Let’s explore a few of them:
- It comes with 5-way optimization, complete with auto-tuning, automatic overclocking, dynamic cooling system, etc.
- It has Safe Slot features that are patented. They ensure a strong metal frame, good PCIe slot that can handle heavy-weight GPU.
- The motherboard also has ASUS exclusive AURA Sync that has RGB lighting and OLED.
- The IO shield is pre-mounted to make the installation process easy.
- The maximum RAM size here is 1 GB and the RAM technology is DDR4.
5. ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming Motherboard
Yes, we have another ASUS motherboard for you and for all the right reasons! This one checks all boxes as well and is currently our favorite choice. You will find out why after going through the following:
- It is ready to use out of the box for 2nd and 3rd generation AMD Ryzen. It provides excellent connectivity and speed.
- It allows up to 2 M.2 drives, AMD Store MI, and USB 3.
- For cooling, the motherboard has everything you can ask for from PCH heatsink to VRM heatsink, fan expert, fan headers, and M. 2 heatsinks.
- Its connectivity options are endless with Dual PCIe, HDMI, USB 3, gigabit Ethernet, turbo LAN technology, and more.
- A USP that we really love is its signal to noise ratio, which comes to 108 dB. This means you can enjoy excellent music quality.
As you can see, ASUS dominates our list and the entire space of motherboards for music production. This is because its products deliver exactly what they promise and exceed expectations more often than not. If you are in doubt or are still unclear, just pick an ASUS motherboard and you will be happy. A little research will definitely help you, though. It will ensure that you do not end up with a motherboard that does not satisfy your needs.
If you need further help in choosing a motherboard for audio production, please feel free to get in touch with us. We are always happy to help!