You may know that each chipset comes with different specifications and features that make them become the best fit for particular system setup. Today, we will talk about the best motherboards for Intel i5 6600K processor.
But, first, let’s have a brief on this top-class CPU from Intel.
Intel i5 6600K
The i5 6600k is the sixth generation processor from Intel. It is one of the best and top-rated products in Skylake range. It supports both the DDR3L & DDR4 memory chips. You can have a maximum screen resolution of up to 4096 x 2304 pixels. All these mean, you will get faster response & refresh rates, in-depth screen details, higher resolution and enhanced gaming experience. One of the best aspects of i5 6600k is, you can overclock it without worrying about the limitations. This feature makes it ideal for gaming and multimedia content creation.
Which type of motherboard can I use for i5 6600k?
This sixth generation Intel processor comes unlocked to provide you the best performance that you desire. It is built explicitly for LGA 1151 motherboards. So I recommend you to go for this chipset to get an optimized performance in your gaming and high-end application usage.
Now, let’s have a look on the reviews of the best mobo for i5 6600K.
Best Motherboard for i5 6600K
1) Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
The LGA1151 mobo from Gigabyte supports the sixth generation Intel core processors. This Z170X Rev 3 motherboard comes with an extra M.2 slot as well as additional USB ports.
- Intel Z170 chipset
- Dual BIOS
- Three PCI-Express 3.0 (x16, x8, and x4) and two PCI-Express 3.0×1 slots
- Two M.2, six SATA 3 and three SATA Express storage slots
- Six USB 2.0, seven USB 3.0, and one USB 3.1 slots
- Four dual channel DDR4 DIMM slots
- 64GB maximum RAM size
- A 7.1 channel HD audio port
- 13-inch x 11-inch x 3-inch mobo dimensions
- Faster data transfer speeds of up to 16 Gbps on SATA and 32 Gbps on M.2
- A top-class performing E2201 LAN controller
- Transferable Qualcomm OP-AMPs
- X-Fi MB3 sound blaster for true gaming audio experience
- No reset and power buttons
2) MSI Pro Series Intel B250 LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard
The B250 PC mate pro series Micro ATX board from MSI is compatible with both 6th and 7th generation Intel Celeron/Pentium/Core processors. The X-Boost factor will help to improve the storage performance.
- LGA 1151 socket with Intel B250 chipset
- One PCI-Express 3.0 X16 and one PCI-Express X1 ports
- One M.2 and six SATA III slots
- Class 5 components of the military grade
- Supports DDR4 memory
- Six USB 2.0, and six USB 3.1 ports
- LAN connection port
- DVI-D, VGA, serial, and audio ports
- Dimensions of 26 cm x 25.7 cm x 5.5 cm
- Lighting USB sections
- LED can be utilized as per the needs
- It fits in any PC which gives you relief from worrying about the form factor and stability
- You can overclock it easily without any limitations
- Turbo transfer rates with M.2 slots
- Studio-grade sound quality
- If you want to use new Memory, then you will need to update the BIOS first
3) Asus Z170 PRO Gaming 3400 Intel LGA1151 Mobo
The dual DDR4 support from Asus Z170 gaming motherboard makes it a top-class product for gamers. Even though it fulfills high-end specification needs, you can get it at a budget price. If you are looking for a micro-ATX board for high-level gaming, then I recommend you to go with this mobo.
- 2nd gen T-Topology with 5-way optimization
- 13.8-inch by 3.9-inch by 11.8-inch size
- One USB 3.1, six USB 3.0, and eight USB 2.0 ports
- Two PCIe 3.0 x16, one PCIe 3.0 x16 (x4 mode), and three PCIe 3.0 x1 slots
- HDMI, DVI, VGA, and DisplayPort connecting ports
- One SATA Express, four SATA, and one generation 3 M.2 sockets
- Latest I219-V Intel Gigabit Ethernet
- Faster boot up time and extreme overclocking functionality
- Improved stability
- Signal coupling technology delivers better throughput and secure connection
- SupremeFX audio technology provides superior and lossless sound quality
- Sonic Radar II scans and detects the overlays in the game to put you ahead of your opponents
- May some high-specific RAM modules don’t get support from the mobo
- Customer service may make you frustrated
4) ASRock EXTREME4 MicroATX LGA 1151 Z170M Motherboard
With the smaller form factor and excellent specifications, the Extreme4 Z170M mobo from ASRock is the top-rated motherboard for overclocking needs on your i5 6600K processor. Its tremendous graphics performance will deliver an enhanced gaming experience with a minimum of difficulties.
- Dual channel, unbuffered non-ECC board with a 64GB RAM capacity
- Four DDR4 DIMM slots
- Three PCI express 3.0 x16 (x16 or x8/x8 or x8/x4/x4), one PCI express 3.0 x1 slots
- Six SATA III ports which are compatible with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
- Two USB 2.0, six USB 3.0, and two USB 3.1 ports
- One DVI-D, one HDMI, one RJ45 LAN, one optical S/PDIF out, and one keyboard/mouse ports
- Audio Input/Output Jacks
- 11-inch x 11-inch x 3-inch Micro-ATX form factor
- More controlled fan speed due to the PWM support compared to the voltage power
- Power/reset buttons, M.2 slots, onboard HEX screen to put this board at a premium level
- You can use multiple graphics processors
- Compact design to provide you more free space in the cabinet
- 12 power phases offer greater OC and power stability
- Secondary ‘recovery’ BIOS with Intel LAN controller help to achieve extreme overclocking conditions
- It does not support 4K video playing
- You may have to face fixed voltage at the time of overclocking
5) Gigabyte LGA 1151 GA-Z170-HD3 2-Way CrossFire ATX Motherboard
The GA-Z170-HD3 mobo is perfect for all the needs like gaming, photography, multimedia content production, etc. on an Intel i5 6600K processor. This 100 series durable motherboard delivers true efficiency and speed.
- Intel Z170 chipset with LGA 1151 socket
- Four DDR4 memory slots with 64GB maximum capacity
- DVI-D, HDMI, and D-Sub graphics ports
- Two USB ports
- Six SATA connectors and three SATA express storage slots
- 2-Way crossfire technology support from AMD
- Two PCI, two PCIe 3.0 x1, one PCIe 3.0 x4, and one PCIe 3.0 x16 slots
- 13-inch by 11-inch by 2-inch board size
- A top transfer speed of 16Gbps due to the dual channel SATA express connectors
- RGB LED feature with inbuilt sound-blaster audio
- G 1/4 thread fittings on the heat sinks
- 4K Ultra HD video support
- Metal housing on PCI slots amend the durability and eliminate GPU sag
- No free PCI slots
- Less number of USB connectivity ports
6) MSI Pro Intel Z170A PC Mate LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard
MSI is one of the most famous brands for producing top-quality computing products at affordable rates. The Z170A ATX mobo from MSI is also one of the most trusted and used motherboards for i5 6600K processors. It will deliver long-lasting, efficient, and secure operations always.
- LGA 1151 socket on an Intel Z170 Express chipset
- Two PCIe 3.0 x16, three PCIe 3.0 x1, and two PCI slots
- Six SATA3, one M.2, and one SATA express ports
- Six USB 3.1, four USB 2.0, and three audio ports
- Four DDR4 DIMM slots with 64GB maximum capacity
- One port each for VGA, DVI, and HDMI
- AMD 2-way CrossFireX technology
- 12-inch by 8.9-inch by 3.7-inch form factor
- Mid-range price is suitable for budget buyers
- BIOS is intuitive and easy to use
- Sturdy & stable design
- Enough ports and slots to connect various computing peripherals
- Only three slots for system fans
7) Asus Z170 ATX LGA1151 Intel Pro Gaming Motherboards
Flawless audio, gigabit Ethernet with protected networking, support to the 6th generation Intel processors, smart DIY features, and many other characteristics make the ASUS Z170 LGA1151 motherboard one of the favorites for the gaming mobo users. The optimized form factor delivers reliable, stable, and protected operation.
- Compatible with Intel 6th and 7th generation processors
- 12-inch by 1-inch by 9.6-inch dimensions
- Four dual DDR4 DIMM slots with 64GB maximum capacity
- USB 3.1, USB 2.0, SATA, and M.2 slots for connection and data transfer needs
- Ethernet LAN connector for networking
- HDMI, DVI-D, and VGA ports
- SupremeFX sound technology delivers high-quality audio output
- Excellent DIY features with a durable and sturdy components
- Top data transfer speed rates with M.2 and USB 3.1 slots
- Excellent motherboard for gaming needs on an i5 6600K processor
- Less number of USB connectivity ports
- Doesn’t have an inbuilt WiFi
Which is your favorite mobo for i5 6600K?
When you choose a motherboard for your PC, especially for the gaming setup, then you need to remember some considerations. Check the size and form factor of the mobo and see whether it will fit perfectly in your CPU case or not. Then count the number of RAM slots and SATA slots on the board. It should have enough of them to fulfill all your memory and storage needs. For the gamers, video and sound quality is a must thing that needs to be efficient and smooth. Check the availability of the onboard video and sound cards on the motherboard. For video editing purpose, I recommend that you choose a mobo which also supports external video card for perfect rendering.
So, which motherboard will you choose from the above list for your Intel i5 6600K processors? Is there any other top-quality mobo which you feel should be added in the list? I will love to hear from you.