The motherboard has been aptly named. Each platform has a dedicated type of motherboard that you must choose. The AM3+ is no different.
AM3+ is not the latest option on the market. You have AM4 and others. But, if you aren’t looking to upgrade and only want an AM3+ motherboard, you are in luck. Since they are not the latest options, their prices are quite affordable. You can buy the most popular ones available without having to break your bank. But, make sure you only choose a compatible option so that you don’t face issues later on.
Without any further ado, let’s jump right into the best budget AM3+ motherboards in the market today.
Best Cheap AM3+ Motherboard
1. ASRock Motherboard ATX DDR3 AM3+ Motherboard
The ASRock Motherboard is compatible with AM3 and AM3+ CPUs. It has a wide range of features, such as 4x DDR3 memory and 46 GB capacity. It is also a very affordable piece, making it an attractive choice. Below are a few more details:
- It has multiple slots such as 2x PCI-Express 2.0 x 16, 1x PCI-Express 2.0 x1, and 2x PCI.
- It has 6 SATA3 ports.
- Other ports include USB 3.0, 12 USB 2.0, 1 mouse port, one keyboard port, audio jacks, and 1 LAN port.
- Its form factor is ATX.
- It has many fan headers that work quite well.
- If you are interested in overclocking, this may not be your ideal choice. It works best at standard clocking rates only.
2. Gigabyte Motherboard – 78LMT-USB3 R2
Say hello to Mr. Amazon’s Choice! The Gigabyte motherboard is easily the most popular AM3+ motherboard on our list. The reason is simple – it has a host of attractive features that we shall discuss now:
- It supports multiple series of CPU, including AM3+ FX and Athlon II series.
- It has a superior 4 + 1 phase power design to support 125 W CPUs.
- It works on the Hybrid EFI technology along with Gigabyte DualBIOS.
- The motherboard also has an audio noise guard that has the support of high-quality capacitors.
- It comes with an integrated ATI Radeon HD 3000 graphics card. This means that you don’t have to purchase one separately!
- It also welcomes multi-display thanks to its multiple ports, such as HDMI, D-sub, and DVI.
- Other features include 2 DIMMs, dual-channel non-ECC DDR3 (unbuffered), and 4 USB 3.0 ports that are capable of speeds up to 5 Gbps.
3. ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ Motherboard
ASUS has always been famous for its budget computers and parts. So, how can we leave it behind while discussing budget AM3+ motherboards? This particular model comes with a wide range of exciting features at a great price! A few highlights are as follows:
- It has a great combo of design elements and analog, making it efficient, powerful, and stable. This is known as the Extreme Engine Digi+ II combination.
- It provides an Intel Gigabit LAN experience so that you enjoy superb speeds.
- It has the SupremeFX III that improves your gaming experience significantly.
- It supports Windows 8 and offers Native BIOS support as well.
- The form factor is ATX.
- The RAM’s maximum memory is 32 GB.
- It comes with 4 memory slots. It also has 10 SATA ports and 6 PCI slots.
4. Gigabyte 1600 Motherboards (GA-970A-DS3P)
Here’s another beauty from Gigabyte, and we are positive that you will love it too. It also works with the AM3+ socket and provides a host range of benefits. Of course, there are a few differences from the other models too. Those will be clear once you go through what it offers:
- Its chipset is North Bridge AMD 970 and South Bridge AMD SB950.
- The RAM has a capacity of 32 GB.
- It is compatible with the Anthlon II and AMD AM3 Phenom II CPUs.
- It comes with 5 PCI slots, 10 USB 3.0, and 6 SATA ports. It also has 4 memory slots
- The LAN chip is Realtek GbE.
- 4 DIMM slots and dual-channel are the other features.
5. ASUS M5A78L-M Plus Motherboard
Let’s round this up with a great choice from ASUS. It is one of the best deals you will get, and you will be extremely happy with your choice. You don’t need to believe us. Just read its features below!
- It has a core unlocker that enables you to make full use of core performance.
- The ASUS EPU system ensures optimal usage of energy.
- It emits 50% less radiation, protecting you from unnecessary hazards.
- It has 4 memory slots, and the size of the RAM is 32 GB.
- It has the ATX form factor.
- It supports Windows 10.
While we recommend that you upgrade your processor to the latest, we will not discourage you from using your current CPU for as long as possible. Just remember that there are many better models in the market, which are efficient and energy-saving. However, they are pricey too. So, if budget is the problem, you can always stick with what you have currently and choose any of the above motherboards. You can also follow our step by step guide on how to upgrade your motherboard without re-installing windows.
Don’t forget to compare all the options and choose the best based on your needs. That’s extremely important! Otherwise, you will end up with features you don’t need or without crucial elements. Both ways, it is bad. If you have any doubts, you can surely ask us in the comments section. We will do our best to help you. Happy buying!